Back in early 08 I started sketching pose concepts for the BloodWork:Sleeves project (then called Ad Vitam). This one was drawn while cruising round' 200mph somewhere between Osaka and Tokyo. In this sketch I was searching for a novel approach that would reveal the entire sleeve within one image. This modular concept seemed interesting and would be applicable to various body types.
Next, Max and I did test shots every few months, in order to work out as many kinks as possible, in advance of the marathon shoots in London and San Jose. Which turned out to be a prudent course of action, as we ran into a litany of unforeseen issues during the shoots. If we hadn't practiced we would've been up a creek for sure.